Monday, August 24, 2009

Where I Came From, And Where I Am

Up, down, up, down, up, down. this should sound familiar to a lot of people out there. My name is Melissa and I am a self-confessed yo-yo dieter. I've been on and off the exercise/diet wagon so many times I've lost count.

An overweight child who eventually shed the baby fat and turned into a flabby, out of shape adult. This is my story, and so many others out there.

It wasn't until two years ago that I finally decided to start taking baby steps and adapt a healthy eating, active lifestyle.

I set a goal of walking 10,000 steps daily and joined Weight Watchers to educate myself and learn how to make healthier food choices.

I eventually hired a personal trainer and that proved to be one of the smartest decisions I've ever made. When in doubt, turn to the experts!

A few months ago I decided I needed to take things up a notch. I was losing confidence fast and was stuck in what I felt was an unbreakable plateau. Along with weekly sessions with my trainer I enlisted the help of P90X.

P90X really brought me to the next level (lets not talk about the Yoga!). It pushed me through my plateau and helped me realize that I didn't need to be stuck where I was. I can always do more. I started to gain my confidence back and was really starting to notice a difference in strength.

These last few months have given me only a small taste of the hard-work and dedication this battle is going to require.

Where am I now? I'm all set up with a customized training program courtesy of Jason(trainer) and a positive, focused attitude on where I need to go.

Time to start sweating, the battle is about to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment